Salima is a Food Marketer and halal industry expert with a passion for creative design and digital media.
Aside from day-to-day operations as Client Services Director at Nourish Food Marketing, her responsibility is to help inject innovation and multicultural insights into the agency’s creative work.
In 2011, Salima founded Halal Foodie, a media company focused on halal food in Canada, which eventually led to founding North America’s largest halal food festival in 2012.
Before deciding to trail blaze into the emerging halal sector in North America, Salima held leadership roles within marketing departments of national grocery retailers and manufacturing companies.
Aside from her own publications, Salima is a regular contributor with other media outlets including Canadian Grocer Magazine.
Previous engagements include:
- Contributor to “The Fridge Light” CBC radio podcast
- Chair, Multicultural Marketing Awards, 2018 (Strategy Magazine)
- Multicultural Marketing Awards Jury Member, 2017 (Strategy Magazine)
- Marketing Awards winner for Original Broadcast, Multicultural, 2016 (Strategy Magazine)
- Founder of Halal Food Festival Toronto
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Halal Foodie Magazine and Digital