On April 30th, the Nourish management team - Jo-Ann McArthur, President; Andreas Duess, Chief Creative Officer; and Salima Jivraj, Account Director and Multicultural Lead - will each host a discussion at SIAL Canada in Toronto. Here's the complete schedule for each:
Panel: The Future of Grocerants: A Panel with Nourish Food Marketing. April 30, 2019, 10:30 a.m.
As we see a shift in how consumers “prepare” meals there has been a shift to blended meals and blended shopping with inputs coming from a variety of places. How can you profit from the question “What’s for dinner tonight?”
Nourish Food Marketing President Jo-Ann McArthur leads panellists in discussing the trend, why it’s here to stay, and strategies for gaining and maintaining your slice of the market.
- Christy McMullen - Co-owner Summerhill Market & head of CFIG (Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers). Summerhill Market has meal kit components in their refrigerated section, ready prepped salads and components, as well as a thriving HMR section.
- Faye Pang General Manager UberEats - UberEats is Uber’s fastest growing business unit
- Jenny Boudreau Director Procurement - Chef’s Plate Canada’s largest meal kit provider, Chef’s Plate, was recently acquired by Hello Fresh, the world’s largest
Panel: Understanding the Halal Consumer - How to Do It and Why You Should: A Panel with Nourish Food Marketing. April 30, 2019, 10:30 a.m.
Do you even halal? There are over a million Muslims in Canada, and by 2021 they will outnumber ethnic Chinese in this country. Add in an annual growth rate of 10-15% for the halal market, and you’ll see you can’t afford to ignore the numbers anymore. Salima Jivraj, head of Nourish Multicultural and founder of Halal Food Fest TO, will lead a panel discussion on how to adapt existing products or launch new ones including getting halal certification and targeting your marketing.
- Kevin Andrews, Director, Control Brands, Loblaw Corporation Limited
- Omar Subedar, Cheif Operations Officer, Halal Monitoring Authority Canada
- Tariq Ansari, Canadian Halal product distributor
- Jay Holmes, CFIA
Presentation: Move Over Millennials, Gen Z is Here - Marketing to a New Generation: Presented by Nourish Food Marketing. April 30, 2019, 12:30 p.m.
Have you finally figured out how to reach millennials? Guess what - there’s another group waiting to take over. Generation Z is the single largest cohort in Canada, and within a few years, they’ll account for 33% of the population. Jo-Ann McArthur, President of Nourish Food Marketing, will get you up to speed on this emerging demographic, the first true digital natives in our society, and how you can reach them where they live.
Presentation: Artificial Intelligence, Real Impact: A Presentation and Demonstration by Nourish Food Marketing. April 30, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
With the rise of AI (in a non-Terminator way) and the mainstreaming of Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices, it’s no longer enough to just be mobile-friendly; you have to be voice search-friendly, too. Andreas Duess, Chief Creative Officer at Nourish Food Marketing leads a discussion and demonstration on how voice-tech is transforming the way we interact with food, and how to get your product name on consumers’ lips - and Search Engine rankings.
Don't forget to check your copy of the March Nourish Report for your coupon for 50% off admission!