We are currently looking for a food-loving Public Relations intern to fill a full time, three to four-month position. You will have the chance to work on projects for a diverse range of clients within the food & beverage industry.
As a Communications Intern, you will work directly with Account Executives to develop social media content, work on events, develop media materials (including press releases, alerts, listings, media pitches) and update media lists and work client reports.
Nourish PR offers an integrated internship program to prepare you for a career in Marketing Communications and/or PR. You must be actively enrolled in the placement portion of a certified PR or Communications program and possess an understanding of basic media relations skills.
We are a fun open-concept office on King West with an in-house studio, test kitchen and lots of food tasting opportunities. The work pace is fast and we expect you to be highly organized, detail-oriented and a team player.
You will be reporting to the PR Manager (or Account Director).
- Full-time, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (or per your program requirements)
- Only students required to complete an internship for school credit will be interviewed
The intern will develop on-the-job skills and learn from all team members within the agency. They will assist with:
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients
- Collate, analyze and evaluate media coverage
- Writing for PR and digital media; media pitches
- Participating in creative brainstorm sessions
- Writing for different social media platforms
- On-site and off-site assistance with special events; event planning
- Client-related research
- Administrative duties
Interested? Send your application to email@example.com.