We are Canada's only full-service marketing agency specializing in working with food and drinks clients. We're currently looking to add a Senior Art Director to the team.
If you love food, love staying on top of the latest trends from social to packaging design, then we'd like to talk to you.
Like most companies, we are currently working from home but we are looking forward to returning to our light and airy King West offices complete with test kitchen (yes, there will be cookies), huge recipe book library (yes, you can borrow them) and food photography studio.
As Senior Art Director, you are responsible for the creation and development of advertising ideas, with particular focus on their visual appearance. These ideas can exist in many formats from Social Media Campaigns, posters and Print Advertisements, to TV commercials, Direct Marketing leaflets, Packaging design and Websites.
You combine artistic sensibilities and understanding with knowledge of design and production processes to create work that engages those it is aimed at. You ensure messages are strengthened by conveying meaning visually, as well as through the accompanying words.
Tasks that we expect you to perform typically involve:
- Devising and developing original campaigns - brand and communications ideas that engage the target audience and address the client’s business problem.
- Understanding the target audience and proposed media to be used.
- Presenting ideas internally & to client facing for approval and development
- Generating and maintaining enthusiasm for ideas within the agency as they move from concept to execution.
- Producing sketches, visual references and storyboards to convey the concept to the agency team, and then on to clients, designers and producers.
- Responding to client and research feedback and continuing to develop the work until the final approval stage.
- Staying up-to-date with available talent for commissioning among photographers, illustrators and film directors through regularly reviewing their books and showreels.
- Selecting all freelancers (photographers, illustrators, web designers etc.) involved in the creative production.
- Overseeing & producing creative outputs e.g. print advertisements, video content, mailings, social media content, etc.
Those who succeed are...
- Imaginative and full of ideas.
- Able to distinguish between a central, core idea and the executional possibilities it gives rise to.
- Knowledgeable, with an eye for the best in contemporary art and design.
- Aware of the latest production techniques, tools and materials.
- Able to apply creative thinking to business problems.
- Communicators who can ‘sell’ ideas in an inspirational way.
- Team players, who can operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Tenacious and resilient throughout the frustrations of an iterative process.
Please contact Priya at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and
- share the work you're most proud of
- let us know why you'd love to become part of the team